Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Seeker is thus found?

I've been blogging for years.

Initially, I wrote to myself. It was therapeutic, letting everything out onto the pixels on the screen. When no one was listening (or cared) in real life, the blog was always there. Blogs don't judge you. Blogs don't interrupt you when you're talking. They make pretty good listeners. Plus, on some days, I'd look back through my old entries and laugh.

Eventually, my closest friends found my blog. Whatever. We formed a small network. We shared stories about our lives, stories about others, and polled each other for opinions. There were inside jokes which carried over to real life. I learned a lot about them that I never would have found out otherwise. If three people following me could add so much to my blogging experience, why not make it four? Or five? You know where this is going.

More and more people joined our network, and I felt my freedom more and more restricted. There were things I could no longer write about. Seemingly innocent sentences sparked real life drama. Each and every entry was layered with passive aggression and double entendre, like one of those 7-layer nachos at Taco Bell.

And in the end, I went back to writing my own private entries, but it felt oh so lonely, like yelling in the middle of a desert. But fuck it...I could yell whatever I wanted to.

Always seeking that perfect audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment